I’m trying to study for my Psychology course and I need some help to understand this question.
When you conducted your interview for Part 2 of the Final Project, you completed a critical portion of your project. This interview will provide you with significant information and insight concerning the counseling group and setting that interests you.
With this foundation, you can now analyze what was discussed during the interview more thoroughly, and consider how it might impact your disposition and methods moving forward. You can also reflect on your original vision of your professional life and consider whether anything from the interview may affect that.
For Part 3 of your Final Project, you will submit the write-up of your interview with the mental health counselor you selected. For your interview and final write-up, you will demonstrate both breadth and depth of knowledge and critical thinking appropriate to graduate-level scholarship. Refer back to any pertinent Learning Resources throughout this course that might support your write-up. The goal of this paper is to demonstrate your mastery of the concepts presented throughout this course. APA style citations throughout your paper are required.
- Review your notes and the audiotape of your interview with the mental health counselor.
- In the Week 1 Spark Discussion, you described your vision for your future professional life as a counselor. Return to this Spark Discussion and consider what you wrote.
- Please review the Bureau of Labor Statistics report in this week’s Learning Resources. Relevant labor market information starts on page 12 of the report.
- For Part 3 of your Final Project, you must follow APA Publication Manual guidelines; eliminate typographical, spelling, and grammatical errors; and adhere to Walden’s Academic Integrity guidelines. (Information on scholarly writing may be found in the APA Publication Manual and at the Walden Writing Center website. Also, see “Policies on Academic Honesty” under Walden University Policies and Information in the Guidelines and Policies area.)
- Please review the Final Project Rubric located in the Course Information section of the course.
- Use the Final Project Template found in this week’s Learning Resources to help create your write-up for this Final Project Part 3.
Final Project Part 3
Your write-up should be 5 to 7 pages in length (double-spaced), not including the title page and references. It should include the following:
- A detailed write-up of the interview, with links back to the Learning Resources. Note: Your write-up should be presented as a narrative rather than a listing of questions and answers.
- In your write-up include how this information relates to the material in the course. (Cite the Learning Resources from the course consistently throughout your paper using APA style citations.)
- Provide a reflection on the following questions:
- Consider your response to the Week 1 Spark Discussion question. How has your vision changed over the past 10 weeks? What is the same? What new insights have you gained?
- What did you learn from the interview that you did not learn in the course?
- What, if anything, did you learn from the interview that contrasted with what you learned in the course?
- What do you anticipate the impact of being a clinical mental health counselor may be on who you are personally?
References:Bureau of Labor Statistics. (2017). Occupational employment and wages- May 2017. Retrieved from: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/ocwage.pdf