I don’t understand this Law question and need help to study.
Equality is a key area of importance with strong historical roots. State and federal laws guarantee equal protection and due process. These laws are interpreted by the courts. Tracking these laws and interpretation changes over time is important to developing an understanding of the evolution and to anticipate the future direction in these areas. Substantive due process, procedural due process, and equal protection impact criminal justice practitioners on a daily basis, in all facets of the system. Looking ahead to your career, make one connection to equal protection, substantive due process, and procedural due process, for a total of three connections. Explain your selections, the requirements to comply with your selections in a career context, and the basis for your selections. Include a minimum of one U.S. Supreme Court case in your explanation. Determine measures you would take, when working in your chosen criminal justice career, to ensure compliance.
The competencies addressed in this discussion are supported by discussion objectives.
- Competency 3: Explain the substantive and procedural interpretations of individual freedoms based on case analysis.
- Describe equal protection compliance requirements specific to a criminal justice career.
- Determine substantive due process compliance requirements applicable to a criminal justice career.
- Explain procedural due process compliance requirements based on a criminal justice career selection.
- Analyze a U.S. Supreme Court decision based on rights compliance.