Assume that you are a police officer. Your assignment is to impersonate an individual that seeks to buy narcotics from a dealer in order to arrest the dealer engaging in the transaction. This dealer is known to be trafficking large amounts of narcotics, but he has eluded arrest for quite some time. After months of transactions caught on video surveillance, you successfully arrest the dealer. In the trial that follows, his attorney argues this was entrapment. In your paper, discuss whether this was/was not entrapment. In your argument you must address the following (but you may add to these questions if you wish):
- What is entrapment, specifically?
- What are the conditions that must be met for entrapment?
- In what ways does this scenario meet/not meet the criterion for entrapment?
- If it does not meet the criterion for entrapment, what elements are needed?
- Your well-written paper should be 4-6 pages in length not including the required cover and references pages.
- Support your paper with at least 4-6 scholarly references (of which the textbook may be one).
- Format your paper according to APA