I’m studying and need help with a English question to help me learn.
1. When you click on this submission link, you’ll find a worksheet.
- Please actively read and annotate this worksheet. It includes definitions and descriptions of claims, evidence, and explanation, which are essential in most academic and professional writing.
- After the information section, there is an exercise in which you will practice creating an explanation that ties together a claim and supporting evidence.
2. Submit a self-review of your Paper #1 summary paragraph draft
. Do a self-review of the summary paragraph draft you wrote and submitted to eLearning in Week #2. You’ll be re-submitting that paragraph, but with marginal notes that indicate your evaluation of the paragraph according to the grading criteria in the rubric.
- Open the grading rubric and evaluate your summary draft according to the criteria in the “Summary Paragraph” category and in the “Both Summary Paragraph & Application Paragraph” category.
- Carefully review the summary and use the “Insert Comment” feature in Word to include your assessment of your paragraph for each criterion.
- For instance, your first comment might be about the topic sentence. It could read: “Included TED Talk and speaker’s name; forgot to include year for APA citation. Big picture statement is probably too general.”
- Include comments about what meets the requirements and looks good as well as what doesn’t meet the requirements and has room for improvement. A thorough self-review will be very useful to you in the revision process.