Help me study for my Management class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
1,500 to 2,000 words
At least 3 references in APA format w/in text citations.
John and Michael, the owners of the Stone Horse Supply Company, are very excited about the new business opportunities their company is going to face. One of the obstacles that they are concerned about is how the business is going to support the growth in customers and locations. With that in mind, John and Michael ask that you prepare a report for them explaining stock-outs and how companies approach and resolve issues relating to growth.
For this assignment, you must submit a report consisting of 1,500 to 2,000 words in which you explain stock-outs and how companies approach and resolve issues relating to growth. For full-credit, you must address the following in your report:
- Explain the purpose of using stock-outs to control inventory.
- What are the costs associated with using stock-outs?
- What is the demand for stock-outs?
- Explain in detail the ways to measure product availability.
- Explain the importance of the level of product availability.
- Provide at least 3 of the factors that affect the optimal level of product availability.
- Research and discuss a company that has gone through times of growth and seen the effects of stock-outs.
- Provide at least 3 recommendations, to John and Michael, of how not to sustain problems with stock-outs when dealing with an expansion.