I need help with a Accounting question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Students will be expected to post their first initial discussion board posting by Friday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers by Tuesday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You are an intern in a CPA firm. Your manager walks into your cubicle and says, “One of our clients is thinking about investing in a company. He wants to know how he should account for this investment. Be prepared to discuss it with the client tomorrow.”
Write a memo to your manager giving your thoughts on how this should be handled by the client.
The situation is the following:
- Company F purchased 40% of the outstanding stock of company K on June 30, 20XX.
- Both of the companies have a December 31st, year end.
- Company K is a publicly traded company and reports its net income to company F.
- Company K also pays a hefty dividend to the shareholders of company F.
- How should company F report the above facts on its December 31, 20XX balance sheet and income statement?
- Support your answer.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?