I’m studying and need help with a Writing question to help me learn.
Please answer the discussion topic, well supported with outside research or assigned readings as appropriate, add value to the discussion, and demonstrate student’s understanding of concepts
(As a model for excellence, please consider this process,
- Answer the question in your own words.
- Provide a quote, paraphrase or reference from our textbook or other source. Use Assigned readings Must
- Provide examples that demonstrate your answer and understanding of the concept.
- All sources must be cited, APA Format
- Please answer the questions seperated
Below are link that provides more information about the Zachman Framework as well as the Zachman Framework “evolution”.
1. Why do you believe that the Zachman ontology has stood the test of time? After all, it was created in 1984 and was originally published in the 1987 IBM Systems Journal. What makes this a viable framework today?
2. Please look at the following link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2014/07/11/is-enterprise-architecture-completely-broken/#69c643ee3710.
Share your thoughts on the statement within this link: “Treating the enterprise as a complex system like a living organism, focusing more on solving business problems than on extensive documentation, and taking a data-driven approach to business transformation all herald an upheaval in the practice of EA itself”.
- Practical Guide to FEA- Read: Appendix G (The Zachman Framework) and Section 4.5.1 (Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework) in Practical Guide to FEA.pdf
- Common Approach to FEA – Basic Elements #4-6 pages 22-24 –https://www.immagic.com/eLibrary/ARCHIVES/GENERAL/WHITEHSE/W120502C.pdf
- Microsoft Architecture Overview – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/ms978007(v=msdn.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN
- Zachman – The_Framework_for_EA_Background_Description_and_Utility
- PDF document
- Basics of the Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework –http://innovategov.org/2015/04/08/basics-of-the-federal-enterprise-architecture-framework/
- TOGAF Standard: Stakeholder Management – https://pubs.opengroup.org/architecture/togaf9-doc/arch/chap21.html#tagfcjh_29