Differentiation and Management of Abdomen, Anus/Rectum, and Genitourinary Disorders
Please select a disorder of the GU, abdomen, anus/rectum systems (pelvic inflammatory disease, cervicitis, STDs, UTI, prostatitis, balanitis, urethritis, epididymitis, testicular torsion, hydrocele, epispadias, rectal prolapse, hemorrhoids, GERD, appendicitis, cholecystitis) and answer the following questions:
- What are the presenting symptoms?
- How is it distinguished from other similar disorders (assessment findings, common in particular age/sex or ethnic group, etc.)?
- What is your first intervention?
- How will you confirm the diagnosis?
- What is the appropriate treatment?
- Write a prescription to treat the illness (if applicable or refer to appropriate specialty if needed) that includes (patient name, date, name of drug, dose, and strength, quantity to dispense, directions of how often to take the medicine, and number of refills).
- When will you schedule a follow-up appointment and what is your plan on the follow up visit?
Include at least 3 peer reviewed references