I’m working on a Computer Science question and need guidance to help me study.
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Based on your understanding of project planning and budgeting, express your views on the following:
- What is scope planning and scope creeping?
- What are some of the ways to avoid problems and manage scope correctly?
You’ve been assigned the project of setting up a LAN with a broadband connection in your office. You need to provide internet connectivity for web browsing to all users. All the computers have Microsoft Windows 7 software installed.
Based on your understanding of different aspects of project management, address the following:
Develop a WBS based on the details provided below:
- Network design
- Networking hardware setup
- Broadband router
- Network cards
- Network cabling
- Networking software
- Server operating system
- Proxy server software
- System configuration
In a Microsoft Word document, create a detailed report describing the scope and WBS of this project.
Applying the Concepts of Project Scheduling and Budgeting This assignment is in continuation to the project discussed in Submissions Area assignment in Week 2.
In this week, you have to focus on the project scheduling and budgeting aspects of the selected project on developing a corporate website. Based on your understanding of project scheduling and budgeting, address the following:
- Create the project schedule using ProjectLibre. Use the start date of the course for the first day of the project. The trial run of the software should be at least two weeks before the actual installation.
- Create a budget sheet for the project in Microsoft Excel. This budget sheet should include the following:
- Material procurement, including hardware and software.
- Total person effort (depicting the people in different phases and their efforts).
- Installation charges
- Maintenance charges (annual).
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
- Name your document SU_ITS4011_W3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.pod.
- Name your spreadsheet SU_ITS4011_W3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.xls.