I need support with this Health & Medical question so I can learn better.
Draft a proposal for your data review project. Use the Data Review Project Proposal Template, linked in the Resources of this unit.
Integrate faculty feedback on your proposal, prior to sharing it with the prospective client.
Add a minimum of five relevant, authoritative sources, cited within the outline, different than the original citations from Assessment 1. Limit commercial website references to no more than two entries. Format your citations and references using APA style.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that your proposal addresses each point, at a minimum. You may also want to read the Data Review Project Proposal Scoring Guide to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
- Choose a framework appropriate for examining the type of data under investigation. Look at the following for examples and explain the basis for your choice.
- For a compliance project, use the regulations.
- For an accrediting assessment, use the standards and site survey criteria.
- For the implementation of a new service line, consider using the balanced scorecard framework.
- Explain how a project addresses and adds value to each of the four areas of an organizational balanced scorecard. (The four areas being, business operations, finance, customer service, and organizational learning and growth.)
- Create a balanced scorecard table similar to the one presented in the Balanced Scorecard Example, linked in the Resources of this unit.
- Consider a strategic, systems perspective as you contemplate value to the organization and how the project aligns with the organizational mission, vision, and strategy.
- Find evidence to support your assertions and conclusions.
- Determine what additional information would strengthen your value proposition.
- Develop proposed structures (for example, pie chart, graph, spreadsheet, process map) for the visual display of summarized raw data.
- Reflect on what type of visual display structure will best fit your selected topic. Although you are just beginning to collect data, you will want to consider how to display it.
- Ensure that your data displays are clear and easily interpreted.
- Ensure that the proposed title includes the focus of the data, units of measurement, the organization’s name, and time frame.
- Combine clear, coherent, and original writing, in APA style, with relevant and credible evidence from the scholarly and professional literature.
- Apply correct APA formatting to your source citations.
- Consider how or why a particular piece of evidence supports your main points, claims, or conclusions.
- Make sure your supporting evidence is clear and explicit.
Data Review Project Proposal Template
Your data review project proposal should include the following elements:Cover Page: Include the project topic, the course title, your name, the date, and the instructor’s name.Table of Contents: Headings and sub-headings with right-justified page numbers.Executive Summary: One page, double-spaced. Include the topic, the problem, the purpose of the project or data examination, the method to examine the data (data review), and the nature of the findings (for example, quality improvement of X).Introduction: Four-sentence topic description—statement of the problem, the performance indicators to be evaluated, the outcome measures for each indicator, and the value proposition or relevance statement.· I am examining [state the issue or problem], because [identify the relevant and authoritative reference that validates your issue as a problem].· I will examine [state the type of data], and will assess the data by measuring [state the performance indicators and outcome measures].· This project will add value to [state the type of organization or name] by [mention how it aligns with an organizational need].· This project aligns with my professional interests and career goals by [mention how it adds value or has relevance for you personally].Statement of the Problem: State the issue in the form of a problem, and add a properly-formatted APA citation.Background: Literature: Provide a minimum of six authoritative sources. Add a short description of each source explaining how the content directly relates to the topic. Note: Wikipedia and commercial websites are not authoritative sources.Your sources should address the following:· The issue from a national or industry level.· Current, relevant facts, trends, and emerging issues.· The issue relative to your subsector of the health care industry or continuum of care.· Data and statistics that substantiate the need to examine the issue (or, what are the consequences and risks of not addressing the issue?).Client Value Proposition:· State how your project will address or add value to each of the four areas of the balanced scorecard: business operations, finance, customer service, and organizational learning and growth.· Restate any pertinent information, including an industry macro overview, such as a new policy to be implemented, compliance with an existing regulation or law, and client needs and situation.· Make a precise statement about how the data review will add value to the organization.· Include a request for input and feedback from the practicing health care professional or selected health care organization. This is to ensure that your identification of key performance indicators and targeted data sets under investigation align with the needs of the organization.Expected Outcomes and Precise Performance Measurement:· What data will be collected and analyzed?· Explain how each performance indicator that relates to the problem will be measured. Be precise in explaining how the outcome will be measured.· Explain what type of visual displays you will use to summarize or group the data you are examining (for example, a pie chart, graph, spreadsheet, and process map.)Leadership Component:· Describe your precise roles and responsibilities in leading the effort. Human subject research is outside the scope of the Health Administration Capstone course.· Select one NCHL competency within each category or domain of People, Transformation, and Execution. Then, provide a short explanation about how each relates to your project. For example, Domain = People; Competency = Change Leadership. I will practice this competency in Unit 4 by seeking feedback and suggestions from a practicing health care professional.Timeline: Include a week-by-week summary of major tasks to be done to complete the project.· Proposed start and end dates, weekly to-do tasks, responsible party (learner), and due dates. Note: Use the Project Management Timetable format.
Balanced Scorecard Example
Applied to a Billing Process Improvement Project
The purpose of this example is to demonstrate the impact of your proposed project to a senior executive. You are quantifying what they can expect if they implement this project. What are the goals or benchmarks? What will indicate if they are making progress (performance indicators)? How will they measure their progress (units of measure: variance rate, minutes-per-day, percentage of denied claims, and percentage of reduced coding errors; resultant savings: staff time, aging accounts, delayed revenue inflow)? Essentially, you are citing the time frame in which results might be obtained and providing targets for those results.
Please keep this simple. It is not a complex exercise. You will simply make a balanced scorecard table similar to the one above for your project and add it to your existing proposal. Feel free to customize the table for your project.Remember to review the instructor feedback from the Data Review Project Proposal assignment. Ensure that you have included any suggested revisions in your new and improved project design. Also, include any suggestions from the client, when applicable.