I don’t understand this Health & Medical question and need help to study.
Compliance and Reporting to Prevent Poor Health Outcomes
With the rising costs of healthcare, employers and consumers find it difficult to afford adequate health services. The United States spends more on healthcare costs than many other countries in the world with less wealthy economies. New healthcare legislation will incentivize healthcare providers and insurance plans based on the improved health outcomes of their patient population. This type of pay-for-performance system will hopefully enhance the delivery of healthcare and will reduce healthcare costs.
Using the Internet, research the healthcare legislation and pay-for-performance system.
Based on your research, respond to the following:
- Do you feel that pay-for-performance is a good way to improve health outcomes and reduce healthcare costs?
- What are the pros and cons of this type of system?
Give reasons and examples in support of your responses. Be sure to cite any relevant resources.
Write your initial response in approximately 300 words. Your responses should clarify your understanding of the topic. They should be your own, original, and free from plagiarism. Follow the APA format for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.
By the due date assigned, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the week, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Participate in the discussion by analyzing each response for completeness and accuracy and by suggesting specific additions or clarifications for improving the discussion question response.
- Explained if pay-for-performance is a good way to improve health outcomes and reduce healthcare costs.
- Described the pros and cons of the pay-for-performance system as it relates to patient quality and safety
- Responses demonstrated in-depth research and analysis.