Can you help me understand this Philosophy question?
Research three national, state, and local professional reading/literacy organizations that are associated with a current policy/issue affecting your school. Identify the following:
- Agency’s mission and vision statements;
- Resources available for professionals;
- Benefits of membership; and
- How these organizations help you stay current with educational changes.
Select the organization you believe would be most likely to have a positive influence on local, state, and national policies.
Contact the selected organization and arrange to conduct an interview with the appropriate person about a current policy/issue affecting your school.
Develop a list of 6-8 interview questions. You are free to develop your own questions as they pertain to the particular policy/issue. The interview questions might cover such areas as:
- The specific reason(s) that prompted the organization to be part of/sponsor the policy
- How the organization sees the policy affecting the administration of the school.
Based on the information from your research and interview, summarize your findings in a 500-750 word reflection that addresses how your research has or will change your work as a reading specialist/literacy coach.
Support your reflection by utilizing 3-5 professional sources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.