I’m studying and need help with a Science question to help me learn.
Select a current international event/topic and, using the comparative analysis technique, you will develop a series of possible outcomes related to international homeland security and specifically to US homeland security.
Comparative analysis is used in both government and business to determine a course of action. In simplest terms, you identify an issue or problem, list a few alternative solutions or options for resolution (two or more), then compare the pros and cons of each option, and finally make a conclusion or recommendation.
The Comparative Analysis will be a five-to-seven double-spaced pages prepared using the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th edition style guide. A separate title page and reference page must be included which do not count toward the page count.
Review the Writing Help section for guidance on How to Write a Comparative Analysis.
Below are a list of sample topics/issues.
- Border security
- Critical infrastructure protection
- Emergency management (disaster, pandemic)
- Domestic intelligence operations
- Domestic military operations
- Domestic surveillance
- Due process/Judicial system
- Federalism (Federal, state, regional, private sector)
- Information/Intelligence sharing
- Interrogation techniques
- Law enforcement operations
- Legal/Policy coordination agreements/protocols (international, regional, multi-lateral, bilateral)
- Privacy/civil liberties
- Role of media
- Terrorism (domestic and international)