I’m working on a Writing exercise and need support.
Conducting assessments through observations is an important skill for an early childhood professional. This assignment will require you to use observations to provide insight into a child’s development. To complete the assignment you will need to view the video below and conduct an informal observation.
Conduct an observation through watching the video below.
- While viewing the video, Teaching Chaislyn to Puzzle, take anecdotal notes on behaviors you feel are important. Jot down key behaviors that relate to specific developmental areas.
- After viewing the video conduct an Internet search using your favorite web browser to locate an observation tool/checklist that addresses a specific developmental skill or domain which was demonstrated in the video.
- Re-watch the video and complete the observation tool/checklist (that you selected above) for the child in video.
Use the information you collected in Part 1 to answer the following questions in a 1-2 page essay.
- What key developmental areas demonstrated strengths? What areas demonstrated delays?
- What type of classroom strategies would you use to support the learning for the child in this scenario?
- What is an appropriate classroom modification to support the child? Explain how this meets the needs of the child based on the information you collected.
- Finally evaluate the validity of your selected observation tool. Did this tool align with the goals of your observation? How does this support DAP?
Your final submission should include:
- your anecdotal record
- your completed observation tool/checklist
- your essay, written with appropriate grammar and spelling, containing your answers to the questions in Part 2
Link to Video : https://streaming.videatives.com/playlists/share/4…