I’m trying to learn for my Computer Science class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) are both intended to provide protections for children accessing the Internet. However, they both have had some opposition.
Write a 3-5 page paper in which you:
- Describe the main compliancy requirements and the protected information for both COPPA and CIPA.
- Analyze how COPPA and CIPA are similar and how they are different, and explain why there is a need for two different acts.
- Describe what you believe are the most challenging elements of both COPPA and CIPA to implement in order to be compliant.
- Speculate on why COPPA and CIPA define protection for different ages; COPPA defines a child as being under the age of 13 and CIPA defines a minor as being under the age of 17.
- Identify the main opposition to COPPA and CIPA based on research and speculate on whether they will be changed in the future based on the opposition.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The written paper must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include page numbers.
- Use 1-inch margins.
- Use Times New Roman, or Calibri font style.
- Use 12-point font size for the body of your text.
- Spell out numbers (one, two, three, and so on).
- Use double spacing throughout the bod.
- Use the point of view (first or third person) required by the question guidelines.
- Section headings should be used to divide different each content areas (items a-d above). Align section headings (centered) on the page, be consistent, and include at least two section headings in the question.