I’m trying to study for my Computer Science course and I need some help to understand this question.
Case 15 Competing on Business Models: Google vs. Microsoft and answer the case study questions.
1. Define and compare the business strategies and business models of Google and Microsoft ?
2. Has the Internet taken over the PC desktop as the center of the action? Why or why not?
3. Why did Microsoft attempt to acquire Yahoo? How did it affect its business model? Do youbelieve this was a good move?
4. What is the significance of Google Apps to Google’s future success?
5. Would you use Google Apps instead of Microsoft Office applications for computing task? Whyor why not?
6. Which company and business model do you believe will prevail in this epic struggle? Justifyyour answer.
Business Insider: The War Between Microsoft And Google Heats Up: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-war-between-microsoft-and-google-heats-up-2013-1
Casadesus-Masanell, R., Ricart, J. 2009. From Strategy to Business Models to and to Tactics, Harvard Business School: http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Publication%20Files/10-036.pdf
Forbes: Google smacks down Microsoft: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2014/10/14/google-burn-microsoft/
Motley Fool: This Trends Bodes Well for Both Facebook Inc and Google Inc: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/09/07/this-trend-bodes-well-for-both-facebook-inc-and-go.aspx
New York Times: Did Google Really Lose on Its Original Motorola Deal?: http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/01/29/did-google-really-lose-on-its-original-motorola-deal/?_r=0