I’m trying to learn for my Article Writing class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
- Write the reference for this article in APA style.
Begolli, K. N., Booth, J. L., Holmes, C. A., & Newcombe, N. S. (2020). How many apples make a quarter? The challenge of discrete proportional formats. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 192, 104774. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jecp.2019.104774
- Write an “overview” or brief summary of the article. Indicate your assessment of what the study is about and the major findings of the study.
- According to the introduction, what information was already known about the topic (look for references to previous research)?
- What variables were studied? Independent
- What were the hypotheses concerning these variables?
- What were the operational definitions of the variables studied?
- Who were the participants in this study? Were there any special participant characteristics?
- What were the procedures used to test the hypotheses?
- Did you notice any problematic features of the procedure?
- Was the experimental or nonexperimental method used?
- Were there attempts to control any extraneous variables?
- What were the major results of the study? Were the results consistent with the hypotheses?
- How do the results relate to the other studies cited in the introduction?
- How did the researcher interpret the results?
- Can you think of alternative interpretations?
- Did the author give suggestions for future research or applications? Can you provide other suggestions?
- What would you do if you wished to find out more about this research topic?