I’m studying for my Writing class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Discussion Prompt 1-3 Paragraphs
Should there be a death penalty for first-degree murder?
- Make an argument that either supports or opposes the use of the death penalty in first-degree murder cases.
In addition to your main response, you must also post substantive responses to at least two of your classmates’ posts:
- Identify the premises, terms, and conclusions in your classmates’ posts.
- Evaluate the language your classmates used in their posts. Is it clear or vague?
- Are your classmates’ arguments valid?
Assignment: Term Paper Topic
The Signature Assignment for this course is a term paper analyzing a current events issue of your choice. First, read the full instructions for the term paper (link below).
PHIL 341 Signature Assignment Full Instructions Click for more options
This week, you must choose one of these claims:
- Abortion is not morally acceptable and should be illegal
- Physician-assisted suicide should be legal and available to those how choose to use it.
- Gun laws are in danger of becoming too restrictive.
- Marijuana should not be legal for recreational use.
- Spanking is not the best alternative for disciplining children.
- Organic foods lead to longer lifespans and less heart disease than non-organic foods.
- Obesity rates in the US have reached epidemic proportions.
- E-cigarettes are just as harmful as tobacco cigarettes
- Genetically-modified foods are harmful to human health.
- Crime rates in the US are at an all-time high.
- High school graduation rates in the US are at an all-time high.
- Global warming is real and caused primarily by human activities.
For this assignment, state which claim you will be investigating and answer the following questions. Your submission must be at least 250 words in length, and APA writing style is expected.
- Briefly define the claim and its counter argument.
- Who are some of the people and sources making this claim?
- Who are other interested parties for this claim?