I’m trying to study for my English course and I need some help to understand this question.
3.1 Identifying an Argument
Listen to “The Hate Debate (Links to an external site.).” For 1-4, respond based on the claims and evidence from the segment of time for your determined round and debater. For 5-10, respond based on podcast as a whole:
- State the debater and the position.
- State a main claim by your debater.
- State the evidence offered to support the claim and explain it.
- Explain how the evidence and claim function in the context of the debate.
- Were the questions clear? Why or why not?
- What connections or patterns did you see across all four positions in context?
- Do you have any overall observations or questions about the debate?
- Was your opinion about the overall topic impacted? How?
- What points of evidence impacted you and why?
- What else stuck out to you and why?
For this assignment you will listen to a podcast and do a write up based on one of the speakers. Your assigned speaker will be determined by the month you were born in: (Birthday January-April: Corynne McSherry, May-August: Elie Mystal, September- December: Ken White).
I need do a write up based on Elie Mystal.