Help me study for my Excel class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
The purpose of the Project assignment in each STAT-535 workshop is to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to apply the statistical tools you have learned in this course.
- Assigned Statistics for Managers: Using Microsoft Excel reading
- MyStatLab assignments
- File: Patients dataset (Excel)
In each workshop, you will be asked to demonstrate some of the knowledge you have gained by applying a few of the statistical tools that you have learned.
- Using the Patients dataset (Excel), create a scatter plot (similar to Figure 13.5) with patient’s age on the x-axis and length of stay on the y-axis. Make sure that you fully label this chart (title for the chart, x-axis, and y-axis). (5 points)
- Follow the directions in EG13.2 (Excel Guide) and create a linear trendline along with the linear regression equation and R-squared value. Interpret both the linear regression equation and the R-squared value. (10 points)
- Now calculate the correlation coefficient and interpret it. What do you conclude about the relationship between a patient’s age and length of stay? (5 points)
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment submission rubric by the end of the workshop. Showing your work is required, not just providing answers without showing how you arrived at them.
Thank you for your work on this.
R-squared interpretation: Approximately 0.62% of the variation in length of stay can be