Need help with my Psychology question – I’m studying for my class.
You have just attended a 12-Step Meeting. Write a 2-3 page typed, double-spaced summary of the experience. Please note that the meeting MUST be an OPEN meeting which means that anyone interested can attend (versus a “Closed” meeting, which is for persons who identify themselves as having the particular issue or addiction which the meeting addresses). If you already participate in an open meeting, please attend a meeting other than the one you normally attend. Examples include open Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meeting; Al-Anon, Narcotics Anonymous (NA), Cocaine Anonymous (CA), Overeaters Anonymous(OA), Prescriptions Anonymous, Codependents Anonymous (CODA), or Emotions Anonymous (EA); Celebrate Recovery. You will contact group leaders prior to attending the group, out of courtesy to the group. Information about community groups can be found through churches, in the yellow pages, through hospitals, or through other community/mental health agencies.
Your typed summary of the experience should include ALL of the following:
- The type, location, day and time of the meeting. (leave a blank line here. I will input the name and location of the meeting)
- Your feelings prior to the meeting, during the meeting, and after the meeting.
- The topic or theme of the meeting.
- Observations about the people attending the meeting.
- What you learned from this experience.
- How spirituality is addressed within the context of the group setting, and your assessment of the sufficiency of the approach.
Please be sure to utilize the text for some form of referencing with respect to keeping in line with APA format
Gladding, S. T. (2020). Groups: a counseling specialty. Hoboken, NJ: Pearson.